Re: [IP] Type 2s

As in most cases, it depends on the insurance carrier. Once I asked my doc =
for strips -- got my meter as the perk for a diabetes clinic research =
study -- and he wrote a scrip for them, my insurance paid for them.

Hindsight is always 20/20 -- I surely do wish I had been educated and =
motivated to do more in my early Type II days. But as someone else said, =
being treated as if I'm Type I now that I'm on insulin has meant much =
better care.

If you'd more specifics about how my disease has progressed or if your =
friend has certain questions that I might be able to answer, please =
response off-list.

Just be thankful that she's interested in doing something more than the =
standard regime that her doc has foisted on her.