[IP] Gusher

had another one tonight...Only the 2nd one is more than 7 years
pumping...THIS IS GROSS - you have been warned...

SO i have been having awesome bgs since my surgery, but yesterday morning had
2 unexplainable ones in the 200s.  I noticed a bit of blood just where the
canula enters the skin, so figured I would do a site change...this one was
from last Tuesday anyway....so I did...about 2 inches away,  same side but
further back....plugged in, primed and went about my day....great sugars all

Tonight, I woke up around 4am and my hand was on my site...and I noticed my
pump was GONE!!!  what?  I was still kinda drowsy, so I felt around...found
the pump where I knew it would be, and followed the tubing to my body...ahhh
there it was...I moved my hand back to the OLD site, which I now realized I
had left in, and lifted the tape off, pulled it off and dozed back to sleep.

Now it has been hotter than hell's kitchen here in hell's kitchen, NYC so I
am used to being slightly damp when I sleep, and I didn't think anything
unusual when I felt that first drop of "sweat" roll down my back...as I wiped
it away i thought that feels weird...and as i moved my hand around it felt
awfully soaking wet for a little sweat, and awfully warm and sticky even for
MY sweat...so i turn on my light...My hand is COVERED in blood.  My arm all
the way to the elbow is covered in blood,  my stomach looks like a prop for
ER!!!  my innie navel is FULL of blood - and it is all over the
place...sheet, pillow, t-shirt, underwear...I grab a tissue...kinda like
grabbing a can of Raid for the plague of the locusts I would imagine...and
hold it to the "wound"  thick darkish blood OOZING from it...it is soaked in
seconds...grab a roll of toilet paper I keep handy for night time snotty
noses and press the entire roll to me....and watch in amazement as the red
spreads through it...

Finally it stops enough so i can get down out of the loft and into the
bathroom to clean myself off.  I looked like Carrie at the Prom...my roommate
for some reason was up watching TV...scared the crap outta him...

I love diabetes

i hope this comes out of the mattress!!!