[IP] advice for trampolines?

I am interested in advice for how to account for the activity on a
trampoline.  Mike is 8.  He is fairly sedentary although he plays soccer.
We got a trampoline this weekend.  He is spending a good amount of time on
it and using a lot of energy.  I know I was breathless after a few minutes -
pretty aerobic.  Mike was 120 when he started jumping.  I gave him a 15 g.
of carb juice box knowing he would use energy on the tramp.  I set the timer
for 1/2 hour to check him again.  He was at 47 (and still jumping happily, a
typical for him).  Has anyone else found a secret formula use with the
trampoline?  Suspend? Disconnect?  More food?

I am thrilled that he is getting the exercise and activity.  I just want to
learn more about how to manage this level of activity.

Sue Cahill, mom to SIXSONS (yes we are fighting over turns on the tramp -
mom and dad included!)
Jim, 16,  Tim, 14,  Tom, 13,  Pat, 10, Mike, 8 (dx 1-97) and Joe, 4