[IP] Re: unused insulin rules

Recently Michael replied:

>> Our Endo told us to just cut the bolas into thirds, with 1/3 used
>> per hour, or 1/6 per half hour.  Simple, works.
>Hmm.... this is not a very accurate model. Take a look at the insulin
>activity curve included with each bottle of Humalog.

And _this_ may not be all that accurate for you. For instance, I know that
my response to Humalog is considerably slower than most folks'. I try to
bolus 15-30 minutes before mealtimes, and I could probably push that to 45
minutes without noticing anything. We did a rough test on this in a class I
took a couple years ago, and I was the last one who could eat my breakfast

- --Keith Johnson
  email @ redacted
  "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."