Re: [IP] Insulin resistance one week before menstruation

Although I am not on the pump yet I have a similar problem at that time of the
month.  Not as severe as yours though.  I take insulin shots.  I was trying to
start my period just this past weekend and like always - that last couple of days
I run very high.  I always have to take extra short acting insulin and really
watch what I eat.  Fifteen minutes after I started on Sunday evening, I dropped
to 45.  That always happens every month too!  I had taken my shot about an hour
earlier and 15 minutes after I ate I dropped that low!  I did read something a
long time ago about the blood sugars running higher before a period. The was
actually a scientific explanation for this but I don't remember what it was.  I
just know I have to really watch it at this time.  At least I know I am not