[IP] Kidney-pancreas transplant

As I write this email, Steve Cutting of Franklin, Vermont is undergoing
a kidney-pancreas transplant in Chicago.  Steve, a 42 year old father of
two, has had diabetes for half of his life and his daughter Ashley, 10,
has it too.  Steve has recently been on dialysis four hours a day, three
times a week.  His sister Peggy is married to my cousin.  Last summer,
we met Steve and his wonderful family at a reunion in VT.  We all shared
"war stories" about diabetes and our hopes for the future in terms of
diabetes treatment and hopes for a cure.  My son Steve, told them all
about his insulin pump and the difference it has made in his life.

All of you out there have, in some way, lived with diabetes in your
lives.  You are the parent, spouse, significant other, or have diabetes
yourself.  I am asking for your prayers for Steve and his family at this
stressful time in their lives.  He has always remained strong and a role
model for his daughter; in a recent interview in the Burlington, VT Free
Press he stated, "She can't see me give up."

Thanks in advance, you all are the best,
Mom of Steven, 14, dxed 8/91, pumping since July 6, 1999