From: Joni Spurlin [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 8:21 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Type 2 question

Type 2 treatment is usually this laid back - I agrree that she should see an
endo and find out about diet NOW - you and I both know the long term and
short term consequences of high blood sugar - and if she is taking the pill
in am - it probably does not last until next am - help her - but don't
overwhelm her - type 2 blood sugars change very slowly!  But (dare I say it)
diet and exercise can make a difference too - not just the pill - the pill
helps her pancreas fundtion better and lets her body accept her own insulin
- - I also found I got an upset stomach with all the pills - she will need to
watch for that over time.

joni

>>> <email @ redacted> 05/08/00 02:58PM >>>
In a message dated 5/8/00 1:43:15 PM US Eastern Standard Time,