     Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 21:42:59 EDT
     From: email @ redacted
     Subject: [IP] Insulin resistance one week before menstruation

     For the week before I menstruate I become almost completely resistant
     insulin.  Before I realized it always happens at this time, I was
     changing
     the IP infusion sets several times thinking this was the cause for the
     sky
     high bgs (350-450).  Its very frustrating and scarey that no matter
     how much
     I seem to bolus  or increase basal rates, it won't come down.  Manual
     injections of 10 units Humalog will bring my bg down after about three
     hours., but not by much.  The first day of my period, my bgs come all
     the was
     down to normal; but this is after a week of complete worry and
     frustration.
     Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, what works for you?
     (By the
     way I'm D for over 40 years- on IP for one year.   Karen
     HELP@insulin-pumpers.org