[IP] Insulin resistance one week before menstruation

For the week before I menstruate I become almost completely resistant to
insulin.  Before I realized it always happens at this time, I was changing
the IP infusion sets several times thinking this was the cause for the sky
high bgs (350-450).  Its very frustrating and scarey that no matter how much
I seem to bolus  or increase basal rates, it won't come down.  Manual
injections of 10 units Humalog will bring my bg down after about three
hours., but not by much.  The first day of my period, my bgs come all the was
down to normal; but this is after a week of complete worry and frustration.
Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, what works for you?  (By the
way I'm D for over 40 years- on IP for one year.   Karen