[IP] MiniMed supplies Part II

Hi Doreen and [IP] world,

thanks for the notes.  Wanted to follow up on my mini-drama(no pun intended)
with my pump supplies.

Just finished the day with another five, yes 5, phone calls and two emails
between Minimed and Gentiva(the company that Cigna  Insurance uses to
process pump supplies) and I think it has finally been resolved.  I had to
overnight the 4 boxes of Sof-set Standard's. Luckily, there was three
'trials' of the Sof-set Micro's waiting on my door step when I got home.  I
was pretty close to packing everything (including the pump) in a box,
sending it back to Minimed and going back to 4 shots a day until I could get
another pump from a different manufacturer.

The rep that finally seemed to have her act together, took only 8 minutes to
1) Listen to and ask questions about the problem, 2)Check on Minimed's side
to verify and see what could be done to remedy the situation and 3) gave me
instructions on what I needed to do and what Minimed was going to do to
solve the problem.  Simple, straight forward and refreshing to hear that
someone at Minimed does have a clue.

I also received an email from a rep that provided the standard excuses of
'...unusually high volume in orders', '...new reps', '...insurance company
dragging its feet', '...the go between company dropping the ball with the
initial order' and '...Oh ya, we might of made one or two mistakes'.

My response back to her was:

..., I do understand that issues arise and problems can occur, and I am
always willing to listen when a solution is provided to solve the problem.
I am not sure what the circumstances were that caused this problem but I
feel that Minimed as well as Gentiva share responsibility in this fiasco.
Frankly, I'm not interested in pointed fingers and excuses.  I'm a diabetic
and I'm only interested in my good health.  Getting my supplies on time with
less than 3 phone calls seems like a reasonable expectation in maintaining
my good health.  Anything beyond that has a negative impact to my good
health and points to problems with the system or people running the system.
I suggest that Minimed and Gentiva see how situations like this can be
avoided in the future.

Well I'm done ranting and raving now...that is unless I don't see 4 boxes of
Sof-set Micro's in the mail soon.  I think I made enough of a stink that
Minimed will take a look at making sure something like this won't happen
again.  I know one thing,  they know how to say my last name now. ;-)
(pronounced K' noff)