Re: [IP] Type 2 question

In a message dated 5/8/00 1:43:15 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< She went to her Dr. and was officially diagnosed with Type 2
 by him, was sent home with Diabeta(?) and a meter with intructions to test
 twice a day.  She doesn't see a CDE until May 23 and was told she can't see
 the dietician till after that.  She said she had woken up with her lowest
 sugar that morning at 287!  Is this normal course of events? >>

Hi Nita

Well, that's better than I got when I was DX'd with type 2 in 1986. I wasn't
told to test and wasn't sent to an educator until I started insulin nine
years later. (Didn't even know they existed.) For diet "education," I was
given a sheet of paper and told: "Here. Follow this. Don't eat any sugar."

Good for you for taking time to help the lady out. Yes, I would push her to
push her health care people. In fact, I would push her toward an
endocrinologist. They seem to take type 2 more seriously than many docs.

Jan (and Elvis)