Re: [IP] 24 hr. urine test

Linda wrote:

>>I have a question regarding the 24 hr. urine testing.  My sister and I are
both diabetic.  My sister's doctor told her that she only needed to do a
"regular" urine test to test for protein in the urine. If that showed
then they would a 24 hr. urine test.  My last endocrinologist had me do a 24
hr urine every year.  Who is right?  Does a "regular" urine test show enough
to let you know if you need further testing (24 hr.)?  <<

My endo also only has me do a regular urine test once a year.  The only time
I did 24-hour tests was when I was in my last trimester of pregnancy and I
did them practically every week!  That was back in 1978 so I'm not sure what
the standard today would be.

Type 1 for nearly 37 years, hookup day is May 15! Woohoo!