Subject: [IP] This is getting serious

Hi Holly,
It sounds like a growth spurt to me!  10 really is about the right age for
girls to start growing.  What is her height doing?  Our peds endo does a
growth chart on Jenna at every visit, and she's started to hit the part of
the curve where it's rising fast.  A lot of kids get kinda baby-fat-ish
before the really shoot up.  Our endo also told us that it is normal for a
kid in puberty to need 50%-100% more insulin than they did before puberty.
So, unless you're seeing lots of lows, I suspect her basals WILL need to
creep up, up, up, you will have to buy more food, food, food, and probably
bigger clothing too ;-)