Subject: [IP] Basal increase feature of DisetronicPLUS V100

Bon Jour, Frere Roy,
My daughter has had a D H-tron Plus for almost 2 years now.  We do use the
Temporary increase in basal rates to mimic the square wave.  We had our D
rep reset the timing on the Temporary increase so that it lasts for 4 hours,
instead of the factory pre-set time of 12 hours (much too long for a temp
basal).  The D will go up to 200% of temp basal.  Since she is on 0.5
units/hr for most of her waking (therefore eating) hours, that means that
the maximum extra insulin she can get in 4 hours is 2 units.  That works
pretty well for her for high fat foods.  But, if a person was on very low
basal rates, the increased temp basal may not add up to all that much extra
insulin. Let us know how it works for you.

Nancy Morgan