I would think that the exercise for canoeing is strenuous enough that she
prob. won't need to be attached.  she can reattach back at shore and give
herself the missed bolus or just correct. (or keep it in the canoe in a
buoyant, waterproof container...like tupperware)    my 11 yr. old takes a
shower for half an hour and just boluses the missed amount.  no problem.
also...canoes are surprisingly non tippable...and when we were in camp, they
had us do an intentional tip over to test our ability.  it was HARD.  if
they do this at your camp,  you might just have them warn her when they will
do it...then she can be prepared.

camp activities alone make geneva run on the low side anyway.  she has gone
all day at the beach with the pump disconnected and her levels are always
the best ever.