[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #160

Hi, My daughter started pumping April vacation. Things are going pretty well.
I have a ? regarding swimming in a lake. She is wearing a 508MM and will be
going to an overnight camp, not diabetes. All swimming and boating is on a
lake and my concern is with cleanliness and infections. Do you need to take
any precutions with lake water and is the waterproof case good enough for a
canoe that may tip over? My daughter says that for swimming she wants to
disconnect but I think she should stay connected for canoeing. I will take
any and all input.
                            Thanks , Laurie     email @ redacted