[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #159

In a message dated 05/06/2000 6:02:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 At 01:44 AM 05/06/2000 -0400, you wrote:
 >  My endo. wants me to learn how to use my new pump at a place that has a
 >dietician, a CDE, and daily classes on diabetic care.  Does anyone think
 >better to meet with the MiniMed trainer for the training instead?  The MM
 >trainer has called me several times since the pump was sent in the mail.
 >Thanks in advance for advice.
 >--Hillary Gant
 >DXed age 10, 1985
Dear Hillary
Your Endo's advice is good.   In my opinion, the best thing would be to be
instructed by a CDE who has diabetes using the pump, and to see a  Registered
Dietician.  I'm speaking from my own experience.  Both the CDE and RD can
give excellent suggestions and advice and "tricks" to figure out carb
counting.  To me, the whole thing is still very exciting, as I'm pumping for
only for thirteen months.  Best of luck to you.