Re: [IP] Elated Adults

JHughey wrote:
>  This day will be indelibly written in their minds.

I don't remember the day I GOT my pump, but I will always remember the
day I STARTED it. I also remember the day I was diagnosed and the day I
went on insulin.

My diagnosis was August 19,1992; insulin anniversary May 12, 1994, and
pump anniversary March 17, 1999.

I HATE diabetes, but I do think it's easier with the pump, and I'm glad
I had a doc who recognized that I needed to go on insulin. I did
reasonably OK for the first year or so after diagnosis, but then the
last 9 months before insulin (while the doc was messing around with oral
meds that DIDN'T WORK!) were pure hell, and I NEVER want to go through
THAT again!!!!

The upside is that I got treated properly and don't have any
complications so far.

So I'm also cheering with those folks who just got their pumps, and with
the folks who are living their lives in spite of diabetes, and with the
parents whose kids are forging ahead!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted