[IP] Re: Rewarding bolusing

> From: "curtis" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Re: Rewarding bolusing
> Yes, jan you are right.  Say what you'll do and do what you say.
> She will miss some days I am sure. Deal is that if she boluses
> for her lunches for the rest of the year she gets rewarded. Now, how
> perfect do I require her to be to get her reward?  What I am after is
> effort and whatever I get will be enough.  There will be no failure.
> I do it the same with grades in school.  If they can look me in the eye
> tell me that they did the best that they could, then I don't care if they
> get Cs, D and Fs.
> All of the input from people that grew up with this stuff will be absorbed
> and appreciated.
> Curtis Lomax

Curtis, I'm responding to your last statement, BUT *had* to leave the first
line on for my own amazement. ;)

I'm one who *grew up* but not with this stuff, i.e. NO home BGs, NO A1c's,
NO pumps, NO Humalog, NO 504 plan, just seldom pee tests, a lab BG once
every 3 months, big glass syringes/24g needles and automatic injectors
(OUCHHH!!), ONE NPH/R shot a day. Not much else going for us - but many of
us have survived. So your statement is actually 2-fold: people who grew up
and other people who are dealing with this stuff. I learned in a recent long
post on this list that I am not qualified to have a pump -- but let they try
get it from me!!!!
Jan (60y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)

> Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 00:35:52 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Rewarding bolusing
> Think ... bolus before meals like prayer before meals.
> Karen

In other words, while your head is bowed you can be programming the pump to
bolus. <gr>