[IP] Carb Ratios, Basals, RAPIDS??????

Sara- Thanks for responding.  Yes, I've been Type I 35 years, always
'brittle', went through menopause six years ago (hysterectomy) and I can go
all day without eating and  keep normal BGs with the basals I've had.  1
unit for 11 CHO up until about 6 p.m. when I USED to have to change to 1 for
16 and later than that (9 p.m.) it's about 1 for 30.  I try not to eat after
6 and usually this works, but lately my BG at bedtime has been high (250)
and I am a former nutritionist and am pretty good at guessing quantities -
even measuring them lately.  Guess I'll just 'fall back' on the fasting
protocols tonight and see if anything brilliant occurs to me.  Can't be
worse than getting up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours all night like I am now to
test, test, test.  My exercise levels are fairly consistent- 3-4x a week at
the Y water aerobics with strength training on alternate days.  I am
considerably overweight but stably so.

RAPID QUESTION: I recently (1 week ago) tried an 8cm Rapid instead of a
10 cm. Switched back to a 10cm. when the bedtime BG elevated.  What happens
if the Rapid's too short?  It doesn't poke or come out or anything but I
just gave up my Tenders about 4 months ago so that I could use straight
Humalog (not a mix with Regular) in my pump.  That worked!  But still
fooling around with the sizes.  Like I said I' not skinny.  Could the
insulin be pooling somewhere and not getting into the bloodstream fast
enough at night when I'm much more sedentary?

Please email me at email @ redacted so I don't lose any responses in
the digest.  Thanks.
Dianne  35 years of Type I and still learning, and testing.

>  My first post
I'm 55 and my basals change every couple of weeks!
Not only that but so do my insulin carb ratios
at times.