[IP] Re: Rewarding bolusing

> Personally, I wouldn't deprive my kid of any thing for forgetting to
> bolus.  We set a goal of bolusing everyday for a week and then
> we took a trip to the book store and she could get any book she
> wanted. She made it and now we are going for the end of the year
> and a bigger reward.  Don't tell her but she is getting the reward
> even if she misses a few times.
> I say reward them for dealing with all of this SHIT, don't try to beat
> them into "compliance".
> Curtis Lomax

Don't you think your dau already knows she will get her reward whether she
complies or not? I have found that rewarding anyway doesn't happen all of a
sudden - it has been that way all along. Kids are pretty smart and are aware
of *empty threats.* Good for you for rewarding her, but if you set a rule
that is intended to be broken, why set the rule and frustrate the kid in the
first place? I believe trust is built by sticking to your word. 8^)
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)