Re: [IP] Behavior modification

> It sounds like it may be time for a little
> "behavior modification" to help Nicole
> "remember" to do her boluses and blood tests.
> <snip> But, when she lost a few privileges
> for forgetting to bolus or check her sugar,
> she started remembering very quickly.
> Nothing drastic, just losing phone or
> TV privileges for an evening, or losing the
> privilege to choose her own snacks.  But,
> it didn't take long at all.  She's 11 now,
> and honestly hasn't forgotten a bolus for
> months now.
I won't say I disagree with your parenting because:
A) I don't really disagree
B) It's not my place to, and I'm not a parent myself

BUT, I will say that the picture leaves a bad taste in
my mouth.  Like being punished for being diabetic (and
really we all get enough punishment as it is).  Now I'm
just left wondering... wondering what the heck I would
do in your situation... So far I don't have an answer...

I'll also say that I agree with what someone here said
a couple days ago... In a lot of ways it's easier BEING
the diabetic, than having to care for and worry about a
loved one who is.

- -Sara G.