[IP] Re: tired of changing basals

Yep. Our endo doesn't want us continually changing basals so we
don't mess with them very often. We just decreased all of them
about a month ago because she was getting more than 50% of her
total daily insulin as basal and he wanted it around 50% with
more meal bolus and high bg corrections. I think we will have to
decrease the afternoon basals again though since she is
constantly running low in the afternoons lately, despite constant
grazing between meals (always did this on MDI too, due to
increased activity - this is the only predictable thing about her
diabetes LOL).
Before this last change in mid-April we had not changed any
basals since mid-February.
How often do other parents of pumpers change the basals (I've
been meaning to ask this for some time and since it has come
up...)? Just curious!

don't know who asked:
<<Do any of you parents of pumper kids take a break from
constantly changing basals?  >>

- --
Take care, Kerri, mom to Courtney-14, Kimberly-11, Shannon-9 (dx
w/type 1 diabetes 11/96, pumping 11/99), Jacob-7, Kyle-5,
Matthew-3, & Ashley-1 in WA
the little children." Sweet Medicine, Cheyenne, undated