[IP] Personal opinions vs personal attacks

I think all of us who have pumped for longer than a few months have gotten to
the point of loving their own pump, wanting everyone else to love their pump
and secretly wishing their pump had SOME feature or other (or others) which
would make it just that much better.

I'm glad we all have this forum to discuss and banter and whatnot but
sometimes I feel like I'm watching my seven and five year old have it out over
a toy or game.

I can also get pretty emotional about pumping and about pumps (you are all
invited to my 20th anniversary of pumping on June something which I'll look up
in the next couple of days to determine when it is and wait until someone
suggests the proper way to celebrate (I think it's getting the newest latest
greatest pump and connecting that day along with a live glucose sensor but the
R&D guys at MInimed and other pump companies don't seem to think that this is
a very good use of their research materials)).

Seriously: we should all be free to voice our opinions of things without
getting overly emotional and calling names.  I don't think I signed onto this
forum to get a psychiatric evaluation (although it would be cheaper and
probably better than one could get 'professionally').

If someone has 'bad' information that they pass to web: just post a
correction.  For example there are many people who seem to think the D pump
shuts itself down after two years no matter what.  Just a simple post with
explanation of what really does happen would be fine.

Of course, we could try to limit our expressions to what we know (i.e. if one
has a minimed keep one's comments to that) but of course since almost all of
us have spoken to reps from at least two of the companies and since some of us
have had over a dozen different pumps (from at least six companies that I can
think of off top of my head but don't quote or blast me on this) it wouldn't
be far.

Anyway have a great day, keep up the good control and if anyone has some spare
blood to send me after I go for testing next week please send to my home (I
think the doctor would have had an eaiser time choosing tests NOT to give me
than checking off the ones he wanted).

Yerachmiel Altman

 This message has not been checked for accuracy, completeness
 or relevance by the author.
 Any need for these activities should be addressed by a message to
 my mommy.