Re: [IP] Counting the days!

><<<*vbg*  I can't wait, I'm turning cartwheels...  Woohoo!
>RoseLea  Hookup to Max is May 15!>>>

I truly share your "silly exuberance"!!! My friends and family have been
"pumped" to death!! <G> I have had my nose in every imaginable book, video
and on-line info source for months! I see the CDE Saturday....I have
absorbed SO much info that it appears that I might get a "quick start-up"!!
My sugar was 502 when I went to bed last night....Low to NO Carbs plus
Humalog and the dreadful "N" insulin haven't kept me from having wildly
swinging BGs...I test 6 to 8 times a day and now dread doing it. NOT
because it hurts or is a bother....but because it just tells me how very
sick I am and makes me feel helpless. My dr had said that testing a lot
less often would be ok until I get pumping....just so my emotional
stability would improve. I am a new patient of Dr Lodewick (wrote two
books) and he UNDERSTANDS what is causing this and KNOWS that I am NOT
contributing to it!! THAT alone is a blessing....not to have an accusing
finger pointed at me!! The pump is going to be KEY...the closest I have
been to control is in two situations.....one time I "over-rode" my old HMO
drs' wishes and followed the Diabetic Trials rigid control for three
months...took insulin in MANY very tiny doses throughout the day (over the
course of about 18 to 20 hours each day) and tested myself every few hours
to adjust. The other time was when I ate only a half chicken breast a day
for a few weeks and QUIT insulin entirely...I got to 140-ish and stayed
there!! So the problem is INSULIN OVERLOAD and the resulting swings from
overload-caused resistance!! I have known this for three years but couldn't
convince the drs I "ran" through about it...that is, until I found Dr
Lodewick!! He was somewhat amazed that I had figured part of it out...he
filled me in on the rest of the picture...and knows that the pump is
So, if I had the energy, I would be quite acrobatic with cartwheels too!!
Oh Happy Day......there are SO many of us standing on this precipice
looking UP at hope for our futures....elbow room, please!! <G>  Carole Eve