[IP] Thanks (was Re: Maureens celebration !!)

"Let me start by saying that I think it would be a million times worse
to have a child with diabetes than have it myself,..."

"God Bless all of the parents that do have the strength and concern to
properly tend to a diabetic child.  I for one, commend you !"

  I would like to say thanks for these statements. They done my heart
good! I can't even begin to count the number of nights that I have lain
in bed praying that He would take the diabetes away from from my sweet,
innocent baby and give it to me. JayJay didn't deserve it. Not that I
think I do deserve it, no one does in my opinion, but why did it have
to be him? I could deal with it better if it was me. At least I've got
some good years behind me, he didn't even have one whole year under his
belt before he got so sick that we almost lost him. The hospital staff
told us that one more day would have been too late, maybe even as little
as a few more hours and he would not have been saved. It's soooooo unfair.

   But then I think of my Uncle Don and Aunt Bobbie Jean. Their son,
my cousin Michael, died when he was 8 and I was 10. They found out he
had cancer 6 weeks before it took his life. He was in the hospital most
of that time. I just can't even begin to imagine what that must have
been like for them. When I try to see through their eyes, I feel so very
lucky that my son is still with me. When he gets under my skin, I just
thank God that he is there to do just that.

   Ooops, I've started rambling again. Anyway, the point was to say thanks
for those words. They meant alot to me.

Mom to JayJay
born 2/13/98, dx'd 1/31/99
...sweet as ever