Re: [IP] Carbo counting device or software???

On 1 May 00, at 19:24, email @ redacted wrote:

> I have been searching for a carbohydrate counting calculator or software for
> my Palm III that has a GOOD food data base w/their carbs listed. I've even
> gone as far as contacting MiniMed and asking them to consider manufacturing
> such a device. It SEEMS to be a "no-brainer" since we need to count carbs, at
> the very least, in order to control our diabetes.

There is a package available for the Apple Newton that was called
Healthmate - I've been using it for over three years and it is very good.  It
came with a large updatable database.  But Apple killed it when they axed
the Newton (sigh)...  the problem is that a decent database requires a 16
megabyte card and those have been somewhat problematic for the Palm

> I'm tired of lugging those thick paperbacks around. In the age of electronic
> wizardry, you would think that something like this would be out there for us.
> Is there something like what I've described out there for us?

The URL for the Healthmate is 	http://www.meddatai.com/
I think it's a good package, the problem is finding the hardware to
run it on now.

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)