Fwd: [IP] Hmmm....does anyone on this list have MY MM507C?

- --part1_a6.3d0a279.26418e26_boundary

In a message dated 5/2/00 11:32:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  Today the Fed Ex delivered someone elses 507 to me...a charcoal number
>  belonging to a person in Louisville, Kentucky.
>
>  I sent my BLUE 507C  back for repair on the 15th of January so I was
>  quite pleased when MiniMed phoned me yesterday to report that mine was
>  ready IF I wanted mine back.
>
>  "Yes"
>
>  Today when I phoned to report receiving the wrong pump and reading the
>  serial number to the individual on the phone...they confirmed it was NOT
>  mine.  I was told to return the wrong one and they get back to me.
>
>  This was 10:30 am here in California and it is now 8:30 pm.  So far...I
>  guess...mine is still missing!!!
>
>  Hmmm....
>
>  Becky LaSpina
>
>  ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>I am concerned about the same thing happening to me. I started pumping with
the 507C in July, 99.  In Oct, 99 the pump was skipping screens and lost some
time so because I owned it under 90 days, they sent me a new 507C.  In April,
00, that 507C gave NO DELIVERY without giving an alarm sound.  I just
happened to see it on the screen when I went back to give a second bolus at a
meal.  I sent it back and received a loaner with a much older serial number
than mine.  I decided to have them send mine back when it is repaired.

Considering my past experiences and now yours, I do not have much hope for
its safe return.  This is NOT a good history for less than a years service
with MM.
Let me say they are more than nice when I call them but if I can't feel
totaly safe with    the pumps they have been giving me than replace it with a
new one.

kathie

- --part1_a6.3d0a279.26418e26_boundary

From: email @ redacted (mike laspina)