: [IP] thinness

It really doesn't matter how thin you are. Your real self is what you are
and not what you weigh. There is a trend today that is disturbing: everyone,
male or female must look like a model. Thin, beautiful and sexy. This puts
unrealistic pressure on us. Even though  I am 5' 9 and weigh 160, my
daughters think I'm too heavy. I told them that I have all that I want with
my life the way it is. I'm not interested in attracting other women although
I admit I do like to look at them. I can see that some people feel their
self image is somehow reduced by gaining weight and being heavy, I guess
diabetes is an additional factor but its not worth getting sick over. One of
my diabetic friends used to skip some of her MDI's to loose a few pounds.
She was so tired and sick most of the time she couldn't function. Most
diabetic women I know are already too thin and weight conscious for their
own good. It's nice to be the thinnest corpse in the morgue and you'll do
your pallbearers a favor by being light so it isn't a strain to carry you to
your final resting place where no one will see you or care what you looked
like. Personally, I'd rather have you here complaining. Andy Bender