Re: [IP] .1 basals and diluting humalog

**Also, once you mix the insulin and dilutent in the mixing bottle and
30 days pass, do you have to start over with a brand new mixing bottle
or can you try to empty the old bottle out?**

We use diluted humalog for JayJay (MDI, though) and I would recommend
using a new mixing bottle every time. You don't want to take the chance
that there could be old residue left in the bottle getting mixed with
your new insulin. BTW, our pharmacy does the diluting for us and then
mails it to us (in a styrofoam chest, with ice paks) every month.

Mom to JayJay
born 2/13/98, dx'd 1/31/99
...sweet as ever

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com