[IP] Re: Diabetes and Christmas

Gosh, I sure know where you're coming from. JayJay was dx'd exactly two
weeks before his first birthday. Just in time for my husband's birthday,
though. And I certainly don't think it had anything to do with the amount
of carbs he ate, either. It's probably more like the ear infection he
had for 6 weeks prior to dx.

He was showing symptoms of D, but I didn't know it. Took him to the ped
and the ped didn't pick up on signs, either. He said it was an ear infection
and gave us antibiotics. Liquid antibiotics that probably contained sugar.

Anyway, I don't exactly look forward to hubby's birthday much anymore.
Brings up too many bad memories.

How did you get Natalie on the pump? Was it your idea or her doc's? What
kind of A1c's did she have pre-pump? Which infusion set(s) does she use?
Do you mind all the questions? Is she okay with having the pump on her?
Does she play with it? What kind of questions does she ask you about
it? Feel free to answer off-list if you would be more comfortable, but
I think others could benefit from the answers.
Thanks in advance,

Mom to JayJay
born 2/13/98, dx'd 1/31/99
...sweet as ever