[IP] (no subject)

Tracy, I sure feel for you having an infant with newly diagnosed Diabetes.

Christmas was extremely difficult time of year (I thought) to be dx. We were
on our way to Orlando to visit family from our home in VA when my son was
stricken with Diabetes. We were in Atlanta, and didnt know the town or the
docs or anyone...We felt very alone and scared. Kevin stopped breathing on
the way to the hospital after barfing for about an hour straight.  We were in
a hotel for the night...we never slept in it. My husband moved to one closer
to the hospital for showers and one of us to sleep or eat. Our daughter was
with us...& turned 13 on the way to the ER.  I remember going to the hotel
late one night for a shower when I just lost it in the lobby cuz it was dark
and I was afraid to walk to the hospital alone and I had been up for at least
50 hours straight. Some nice man & his wife were checking in saw me and must
have felt really sorry for me babbling about my son...and he drove me there.
The Christmas Spirit!

It was an extremely hard time and any time I think of it, I have to remember
how good we have it now with the pump! Tomorrow is Kevins 1 year pump

Best of luck to you!

Mom of Kevin
pumping 1 year
dx 12/98, now 12 years old