Re: [IP] .1 basals and diluting humalog

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Emily Wien Fagans wrote:

> I'm 29 and have had Type 1 for 2.5 years now. For reasons unknown, I still
> have some residual functioning left.  As a result, my insulin requirement
> is very small.  My educator felt that the MM 508 didn't perform well at .1
> so she had me dilute my insulin 50% and deliver a .2 basal.  Have other
> folks used .1 (without diluting) successfully?  Also, once you mix the
For months after she started pumping, my daughter ran a basal rate of 0.0
for about 5 hours a day on a MM506 -- she never had any problem with it,
I can't imagine why running 0.1u/hr should be a problem. Perhaps the
problem is with the educators perception about how well modern pumps and
their tubing really work. I presume you are using either Velosulin or
Humalog, both of which are buffered and approved for use in pumps (H in
the EU).