[IP] .1 basals and diluting humalog

I'm 29 and have had Type 1 for 2.5 years now. For reasons unknown, I still
have some residual functioning left.  As a result, my insulin requirement
is very small.  My educator felt that the MM 508 didn't perform well at .1
so she had me dilute my insulin 50% and deliver a .2 basal.  Have other
folks used .1 (without diluting) successfully?  Also, once you mix the
insulin and dilutent in the mixing bottle and 30 days pass, do you have to
start over with a brand new mixing bottle or can you try to empty the old
bottle out?   I've only been on the pump for about 2 weeks at this point so
I'm still trying to get my basals worked out...my major challenge is just
keeping the basals small enough to avoid lows.  Even though I don't NEED
the pump as much as many other folks, I LOVE the flexibility and being shot

thanks for any feedback,

email @ redacted

Emily Wien Fagans, M.A.
Research Coordinator