[IP] Re: 2 pumps vs 1

Just to set some things straight (sounds like there may have been
some misunderstanding about how Disetronic works)...

My daughter's pumps (Disetronic H-tron Plus V-100) cost $5580
total ($4817.10 paid by insurance plus $762.90 - my cost-share) -
that price included *both* pumps. They did NOT charge that amount
for each of them. I was under the impression that it was that way
(2 for 1) regardless of where you live. Why would they charge for
both pumps in other places but not here?

As for the automatic shut-off, the pump doesn't just suddenly
shut off without warning. You get weekly alarms for something
like *2mos* before it will shut off. Plenty of warning, and
plenty of time to switch to the back-up pump (which is VERY
convenient while you wait for the main pump to be returned.) The
main pump is then sent in for a free *technical inspection*, NOT
an overhaul. In my opinion, that's just good customer service and
one that I appreciate.

They are all good pumps. We chose the Disetronic because it
suited our lifestyle better but we would have chosen one of the
others just as easily if they had suited us better.

Sue said:
I have a Minimed which cost me $6,250.00 whereas if I purchased a
"D" I would have had to buy 2 at $4,750.00 each so I saved myself
a few thousand dollars and this was my main reason for purchasing
the Minimed.
As explained to me in a email from "D" they have a timing device
set in them which automatically shuts off after two years as this
is the law and pump must then be sent for an overhaul. So another
pump is needed for
the 12-13 weeks while pump is being overhauled.
- --
Take care, Kerri, mom to Courtney-14, Kimberly-11, Shannon-9 (dx
w/type 1 diabetes 11/96, pumping 11/99), Jacob-7, Kyle-5,
Matthew-3, & Ashley-1 in WA
the little children." Sweet Medicine, Cheyenne, undated