[IP] Re: Christmas present

Recently Sheila asked:

> I always wondered how many people got Diabetes as a Christmas present?

I was close to that. I was diagnosed in December 1960 (I think), and spent
most of the month, right up to the day before Christmas Eve, in the
hospital. Which was not a bad thing, in my judgement: I never enjoyed the
hassles that accompany the holiday season, and here I was out of the rat
race until just before the holiday itself! Couldn't be better!

Also, I got to watch TV all day, and race other kids down the hall in some
spare wheelchairs, and use discarded syringes as squirt guns to pester
visitors, and... I guess I wasn't exactly a model patient.

- --
Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."