Re: [IP] Diabetes for Christmas

> I always wondered how many people got
> Diabetes as a Christmas present?
Essentially I did... I was actually DIAGNOSED in early
february, but my symptoms started showing up right
around the holidays.  In fact my dad assumed my mother
had gotten me sick with a nasty flu or something 'cause
I left to visit her for christmas in fairly good health
and came back a few weeks later lethargic and sick.  It
was only when my 'flu' didn't go away after a month and
a half that we called the hospital to have me checked

My dad actually accused my mother of "exposing" me to
something to cause it. Even though he DID know
better... Thank God those two got divorced is all I can

- -Sara G.