[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #146

Subject: Re: [IP] Diabetes for Christmas

At 10:17 PM 5/1/00 -0400, Jennifer wrote:

 >I always wondered how many people got Diabetes as a Christmas present?

I was diagnosed on December 7 and spent 2 weeks in the hospital in 1977,
when I was 5 1/2.  Let me tell you, at 5 1/2, I was scared to death I was
going to spend Christmas in the hospital, and Santa wasn't going to be able
to find me!!  I made it home just in time for Christmas.  (And Santa visited
all the kids in the hospital a week early, so he really did find me!  lol)

Then, I spent my younger sister's birthday in the hospital about 3 years in
a row when we were kids, due to diabetes complications!  She used to hate me
for that !!!  Lol  Always claimed I ruined her birthday.  Now, we laugh
about it