Re: [IP] RE: Driving Low--lecture???

Jim S. wrote:
> I'm going to make (unfounded) a hypothesis that she did all the things Sara
> suggested and possibly some additional of her own and the accident still
> happened.........

The other thing that occurred to me is that you can be low before you
even enter the car -- if you have hypoglycemia unawareness, you might
not know you're low, AND your judgment has already gone to hell, so you
might not even be capable of thinking about testing. As my friend Buzz
once put it, when he's low, his intelligence descends to the level of a

Buzz' solution to the problem, after an accident that harmed no one
except a tree, but totalled his car, was to stop driving.

So I think it's a personal decision each of us has to make -- am I
sufficiently hypo-aware to catch a hypo before it gets bad enough to
cause problems? Have I ever had a hypo that caused me to black out or
lose control? Did I  know it was coming, and could I have treated it?
How much responsibility am I willing to bear if something DOES happen?

I have no easy answers, but I don't sit in judgment, either. There, but
for the grace of God and the Universe, go I.

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted