Re: [IP] 504 meeting tommorrow

> Should I meet with all of her teachers
> before school starts next fall?
I always just made sure all my teachers knew I was
diabetic and if I lost conciousness what the most
likely reason was and what to do.

> Should I ask that gym be scheduled after
> lunch for her (can I do this)?
I asked for first class of the day and got it.  I chose
this time period because my morning numbers have always
required the most work to bring down.

> What other things should I ask for?
Find out the school's policy on students carrying
around prescription medicines.  My school didn't have a
problem with it (they wanted to avoid the liability of
something going wrong on school grounds when they had
control of the medication) but some schools don't even
allow students to carry aspirin... the notion of
syringes sets off instant alarms.

Also, the issue I had the biggest problem with was
snack foods... my school had a STRICT code on allowing
students to eat or drink ANYTHING in class... I had to
fight several detention slips I got for sucking on
pieces of hard candy during lows and prior to tests (I
found going slightly high was better for thought
processes than being slightly low)

- -Sara G.