[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #143

- ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BFB35D.AC98F8E0

It truly amazes me, in this world of education and knowledge, that we can't
even learn to communicate appropriately.  I don't respond to messages very
often and that's partly because there IS SO MUCH EXCELLENT INFORMATION HERE
and so little time to respond to it.  But today, while I read the email, I
discovered exactly why I often just delete the entire message without
reading it.

Behavior or juveniles and the whole purpose is that we're just trying to get
along and help one another.  Why don't you guys shake hands and be friends?
Isn't it tough enough to get by with the life and the routine of having
diabetes?  Why complicate it by adding a bunch of junk.  We all know that
testing is vital to good control and to safety.

Heck, I've been living with diabetes since 1966 (yes, I used those darn
clinitest pills and testape and all of that inconvenient stuff!) and I've
been pumping since 1996.  The bottom line here is to take care of ourselves
and to help those around us do the same.  Be kind to one another....stress
is no good for us either!

Hugs to all!  Jane Dohrmann CPS - dxd age 10,  age 44 this month!

  >Who do u think you are!!!!!  I have been a diabetic since 94
  > and i very rarely get low blood sugars, and i never have a
  > problem driving, so not every diabetic is the same dear!!!!

  Sorry if you took my post too personally.  I guess I just have the ability
to  really touch something off in some people...I am no one, and certainly
not a "dear."  LOL just ask one of the at least 12 IP members who have met
me in person.

  I am merely an old, jaded diabetic with more experience than I care to
have....only had it 26 years, unlike some on the list with decades more
experience...only pumping since, oh 1993...a year before your diagnosis, ya
lucky dog!!!  bet you never had to use clinitest tablets did ya??

  And while I have never personally had a problem driving (cuz when I DID
drive, I always tested prior and during, and always had dex tabs and/or
juice in the car), I can only assume from the way the thread has gone that
NOT everyone does that....I hope you know that I would never ever assume any
diabetic, or any other person, for that matter was the same - thank GOD.

  I wish you continued avoidance of low blood sugars and a life time of
being able to recognize them, despite the high probability of losing that
ability when you maintain a really tight range for your target (not my
assumptions...just facts)

- ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BFB35D.AC98F8E0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2722.2800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2><EM>It truly =
amazes me, in=20
this world of education and knowledge, that we can't even learn to =
communicate=20
appropriately.&nbsp; I don't respond to messages very often and that's =
partly=20
because there IS SO MUCH EXCELLENT INFORMATION HERE and so little time =
to=20
respond to it.&nbsp; But today, while I read the email, I discovered =
exactly why=20
I often just delete the entire message without reading it.&nbsp;=20
</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2><EM>Behavior or =
juveniles and=20
the whole purpose is that we're just trying to get along and help one=20
another.&nbsp; Why don't you guys shake hands and be friends?&nbsp; =
Isn't it=20
tough enough to get by with the life and the routine of having =
diabetes?&nbsp;=20
Why complicate it by adding a bunch of junk.&nbsp; We all know that =
testing is=20
vital to good control and to safety.&nbsp; </EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3D"Comic Sans MS" =
size=3D2><EM>Heck,&nbsp;I've been=20
living with diabetes since 1966 (yes, I used those darn clinitest pills =
and=20
testape and all of that inconvenient stuff!) and I've been pumping since =

1996.&nbsp; The bottom line here is to take care of ourselves and to =
help those=20
around us do the same.&nbsp; Be kind to one another....stress is no good =
for us=20
either!</EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2><EM>Hugs to =
all!&nbsp; Jane=20
Dohrmann CPS - dxd age 10,&nbsp; age 44&nbsp;this month!</EM></FONT></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <P><FONT size=3D2>&gt;Who do u think you are!!!!!&nbsp; I have been a =
diabetic=20
  since 94<BR>&gt; and i very rarely get low blood sugars, and i never =
have=20
  a<BR>&gt; problem driving, so not every diabetic is the same=20
  dear!!!!<BR><BR>Sorry if you took my post too personally.&nbsp; I =
guess I just=20
  have the ability to&nbsp; really touch something off in some =
people...I am no=20
  one, and certainly not a "dear."&nbsp; LOL just ask one of the at =
least 12 IP=20
  members who have met me in person.<BR><BR>I am merely an old, jaded =
diabetic=20
  with more experience than I care to have....only had it 26 years, =
unlike some=20
  on the list with decades more experience...only pumping since, oh =
1993...a=20
  year before your diagnosis, ya lucky dog!!!&nbsp; bet you never had to =
use=20
  clinitest tablets did ya??<BR><BR>And while I have never personally =
had a=20
  problem driving (cuz when I DID drive, I always tested prior and =
during, and=20
  always had dex tabs and/or juice in the car), I can only assume from =
the way=20
  the thread has gone that NOT everyone does that....I hope you know =
that I=20
  would never ever assume any diabetic, or any other person, for that =
matter was=20
  the same - thank GOD.&nbsp;<BR><BR>I wish you continued avoidance of =
low blood=20
  sugars and a life time of being able to recognize them, despite the =
high=20
  probability of losing that ability when you maintain a really tight =
range for=20
  your target (not my assumptions...just=20
facts)<BR><BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BFB35D.AC98F8E0--