Re: [IP] 2nd question: about morning highs

Hi Kathy,  Yes, my bg's run in the same pattern as yours.   I have the
highest basal rate from 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., then a reduction from 10:00
a.m. - 2:00 p.m., and then a further reduction from 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.   I
also increase my bolus ratio for breakfast but do so on a sliding scale.  The
higher I start out with the lower the ratio of insulin to carbs.  I have
tested almost every hour from 5:00 a.m. on and my bg's keep rising through
the early morning hours.
I, too, am a single mom with D.    My kids are older now (17 and 19) but I
wish I was on the pump when they were younger.   The first thing I did when I
received my daughter's soccer schedule was to check which games were going to
interfere with my mealtime.   Please write to me privately if you want to
talk further.  Ronee