Re: [IP] Summer and physical activity

----- Original Message -----
From: Nancy Apple <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, May 31, 1999 6:12 PM
Subject: [IP] Summer and physical activity

> Is it difficult to manage using the pump  1)in hot weather conditions
> which is often accompanied with lots of perspiration and 2) during
> phsical activity which is also accompanied with lots of perspiration,
> but also which involves a lot of pysical movement?

1.  I live in the Florida Keys, and our weather is pretty much hot all year.
I haven't had any problems, I use Skin Prep, (it forms a tacky barrier
between the tape and your skin, to help it stick.)  I know that my Pump
Nurse said in cases where persperation is a problem, you can spray the area
you will be using with Anti-Persperant, and then wipe it away in the center
where you will insert the needle, and that will help.  I have had no
problems with the tape coming loose while swimming, however, some have
reported that.  YMMV

2.  Physical Movement has not caused any problems with me at all.  The
teflon bends and flexes with your body movement, and you don't feel it at

Good luck, and I know you will LOVE your pump, as do I.

David  Type 1 {LADA}  (who LOVES his MM 507c Insulin Pump)