Re: [IP] 'Awake In The Middle Of The Night'

Hi Sherri Lynn,

I sympathize with your dilemma.  I have spent many sleepless nights
knowing that I need to recheck a sugar.  Thank heavens my husband now
takes more than his share of the middle of the night checks because he
practically does them in his sleep and then falls instantly back into
dreamland.

Maybe this is just a CANADIAN phenomenon, but every man I know seems to
be able to sleep upon demand.  It is not a problem for them of course,
but for the wives/girlfriends who feel like punching them when they are
blissfully snoring away and we are praying for sleep to overcome us, or
trying to ignore the blessed music which comes through their sweetly
pursed lips LOL.  As protection I will say the following to protect
myself:  'THIS IS MY OBSERVATION ONLY AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE WAY
MOST MEN ARE, OR HOW MOST WOMEN REACT TO  THEIR SLEEPING
HUSBANDS/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS"  <<chuckle>>

Anyway, to get back to the topic.....
If we are making a basal change for instance, that requires more night
checks than normal to check Erica's sugars, I will put her in bed with
me and my husband will sleep in her's.  It is much easier for me to get
to sleep if I just roll over, do the test, and don't have to get out of
bed.  It seems for every step out of that bed I take, it takes that much
longer to get back to sleep.  However, it is getting better I must
admit.  I think my body is starting to recognize this new 'sleep/wake'
pattern and is adjusting to it.   Hope you get some zzzzz's soon.
Barb....Erica's mom