A month ago I a similar experience with a Humalog re-fill. My pharmacist
told me, "you need to get pre-approval from your insurers before I can
supply any more Humalog". I thought my doctor's prescription was the
approval. Following day insurers told me, "Humalog is not on our list of
approved drugs, use a generic version instead". !!

I was almost out of Humalog, so I left it up to the HR dept. to sort out -
that took 24 hrs. So now I make sure I have at least two bottles in the
fridge for events such as this.

I was thinking of the possible alternatives had I run out of Humalog and how
the insurance company would have responded if I had gone to the ER to get a

I agree 100% something should be done to prohibit insurance companies
playing doctor.

		I am very tired of this insurance always trying to limit me
on my
		supplies. I thought that every thing was settled with the
last incident
		that occurred with pharmacy.
		     I'm going to do some serious talking with my
		supplier.and state board of insurance. I DO NOT LIKE
		PLAYING DOCTOR. We pumpers will or can die if insurance
		over rule our physicians.
		A MAD PUMPER-Raleigh
		for mail subscription assistance, contact: