In a message dated 5/29/99 12:10:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Does your insurance company have a mail order you can order thru? We can
 get 1 months supply for 1 price but go thru a mail order and we can get 3
 months (ie:at this moment we have it set up for 400 strips but when son
 starts intensive training I will ask for new RX of 700 if I have too) for 1
 price. Check that out.
 - >>
I have a somewhat similar experience.  If I go through my insurance I need to
go ahead purchase the strips and then send in reimbursement.  Which they will
do minus my copay.  If I go to the mail order I get whatever quantity for
three months for $20.  My copay is $10. So for the same amount that I can get
for $20 I was paying $80.  Figure that out.  It took me a yr. to figure out
the difference too.  But maybe you have something similar to your insurance.