[IP] GUIDE-LINES NOW!! PUMPERS VS. INSURANCE

     I was very upset yesterday when pharmacy would not re-fill my
prescription for test strips. I will have to wait till June 7th to
get a refill unless I go and pay the full price.
     I'm always having to battle this ignorant insurance company
on supplies. My physician will be very mad since we have been through
this before. I was limited also to one bottle of insulin in the
beginning.
     I only want to check my blood sugar qid,and I am limited to
100 test strips a month. We pumpers know that we can get bad infusion
sites and other problems which require more frequent testing.
     WHY NO NATIONAL GUIDELINES SET UP FOR US PUMPERS ON SUPPLIES??
I am very tired of this insurance always trying to limit me on my
supplies. I thought that every thing was settled with the last incident
that occurred with pharmacy.
     I'm going to do some serious talking with my physician,pump
supplier.and state board of insurance. I DO NOT LIKE INSURANCE
PLAYING DOCTOR. We pumpers will or can die if insurance companies
over rule our physicians.
A MAD PUMPER-Raleigh