[IP] Plastic Vs. Glass Cartridges

>> Plastic reservoir users:  How long can you leave Humalog inside the
>> reservoirs?

On Sat, 29 May 1999 00:05:06 -0700,
Ruth Elowitz <email @ redacted>

>I've used them for as long as 2 1/2 weeks.  There is no logical reason for
>#, I've never had any reason to try for longer.  I generally change in a
>and it only takes two or three minutes to fill one so I never had any
reason to
>do them ahead,

But if, for example, you are traveling, this means you have to carry extra
gear.  The insulin bottle and syringes at the least.  Plus you must have a
place to perform the operation.

Also, there are numerous references to Humalog losing its potency after air
has been injected into the bottle.  I.E., after two reservoirs have been
filled from the same bottle.

Can plastic reservoirs even be capped outside the pump?

What I'm trying to get at is: How long can you use plastic cartridges to
transport insulin and not have the insulin degrade?  Can you fill three and
carry them around?

I know you can do it without degradation using the glass cartridges.

When I spent two weeks in Europe in March, I filled six cartridges from two
Hlog bottles and transported four filled cartridges in my Dia-Pak and three
weeks later the last seemed as good as the first.