[IP] NY Bagels and Carb Count

My experence is the same as yours except that it is CA Bagels that
cause me the problem.  Apparently they digest
just like they were some kind of long acting pure sugar.  I have
tried to figure bagels out for over 35 years.  I now have it. I NO
LONGER try to eat them.  Whole wheat toast works just fine. Even when
I add a little cream cheese
. Food scales are a very good and important investment.
Glycemic Index values and differences in various similar foods need
to be considered.