Re: [IP] T1 Diagnosis

email @ redacted wrote:
>  > Is there a problem with the amount of insulin a person must use to keep a
>  > reasonable blood sugar level.
>  Only when it gets extreme, as in over about 100 units/day.
>   >>
> Just curious... why is it a problem at this level?

A good friend on another list, told me about this. He's been in
a heart research project and learned that doses of insulin over about
units per day appear to cause scouring of the blood vessel walls, which
leads to rough spots for the cholesterol plaque to attach itself. Sort
of gives it something to anchor too.

Ted Quick